A b o u t J e n n i f e r
She started the company in 1996 after leaving British American Tobacco as a purchasing assistant.
Throughout her 24years career in trade and logistics, Jennifer has maximized business opportunities coming her way and has achieved recognition as a woman entrepreneur credited with transforming the transport and logistics industry within the East African Community through her visionary leadership and strong business acumen. She was instrumental in introducing a new training curriculum with an emphasis on the issue of business integrity, which greatly improved the transport and logistics industry. Her current success in business in the East African region has led to her business expanding into Southern Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda.
She believes in professionalism and got her company ISO certified with Integrated management system (IMS) 9001:2015, 14001:2015 and 45001:2015.
Jennifer is one of the entrepreneurs that vigorously persuaded URA to get her company accredited with Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) and now her company is both national AEO and East African AEO.
Awards & Honors
Who is Jennifer
Jennifer is passionate about mentorship, promoting entrepreneurs and advocating for better business conditions. Jennifer established Strategic Smart Partnerships (SSP) is a business development consulting firm with a desire to introduce and emphasize the need and importance of mentorship of small business owners and partnership between business to business as a strategy for growth.
Jennifer has published her first book titled ‘Memoir of a Business Minister’ in which she shares her business journey and lessons with entrepreneurs and transformational leaders.
Jennifer is committed to steering all her businesses with integrity and the highest standards of excellence as a service to God.
Jennifer holds a bachelors in business administration and a master degree in transport and logistics.
Jennifer is a devoted Christian, wife and a mother of four children.
She started Unifreight Cargo Handling Limited in 1996 after leaving British American Tobacco as a purchasing assistant.
- 1. On 26th Feb 2016, Jennifer received an International award as the Entrepreneur of the year from International Network of Women Entrepreneurs Miami USA.
- 2. On 10th November 2015, Jennifer received a continental award as the Most Influential Woman in Business and Government in Logistics on the continent of Africa by CEO Global from South Africa. She had won the East African award of the same before emerging winner at a continental level.
- 3. Jennifer also received the prestigious MTN Award as CEO of the Year on 22/3/2014.
- 4. In 2013 Jennifer was recognized as the woman entrepreneur of the year by Uganda Women Entrepreneurs Association Ltd (UWEAL) for growing her business within the region.
- 5. In 2010 she was recognized as the women leader of the year by UN Habitant in Nairobi for mobilizing and organizing the women in EAC to form East African Women Entrepreneurs Exchange.
- 6. The Uganda Freight Forwarders Association recognized Jennifer for her contribution as founder and member of the Board having served the association for 8 years.
Over 24 years of experience
Visionary and transformational leader
As a visionary and transformational leader, Jennifer has over the span of her career been appointed to serve a number of reputable organizations in various capacities including but not limited to:
African Shipowners Association Uganda – 2019 – Present
The Oakseeds - Institute for National Transformation Alumni Association (INTASU) – 2020 – Present
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Representing Transport and Logistics sector - 2016- 17
Uganda Road Fund a Government Agency responsible for financing road maintenance representing Freight transporters - 2009-2014
Founder and Board Member
Founder and Member of the Board in different capacities for Uganda Freight Forwarders Association - 2000- 2007 then 2009-2017
Uganda Freight Forwarders Association
Member of the Board of Uganda Women Entrepreneurs Association (UWEAL) - 2006-2012
Presidential Investors Round Table (PIRT) in Uganda as an advisor to the president on investment
She has also lent her expertise as a consultant on several projects and studies in the Transport & Logistics sector.